Dear ESRA Family
Israel at War. We are distressed, heartbroken, and perhaps more than anything else, shocked. But we will not be idle. When an emergency strikes, and this one is unprecedented, the people take action, and ESRA, the home of English speakers in Israel, is among the first.
We are devoting our resources to meet the needs of communities in the south, as well as those of English speaking Olim, while we continue our education projects for schoolchildren, university students and special needs groups, and our welfare fund helps meet people’s financial emergencies.
ESRA provides these services and activities free of charge.
This is what we have been doing so far:
- Providing financial aid to those referred to us by government social workers
- 60 volunteer tutors are providing online educational reinforcement
- Donated 170 packages of clothing and goods to families evacuated from the south
- Hosting evacuated families - No one shall be left alone! 40 families are being matched with suitable hosts
2,570 English speaking Olim are receiving our services and engaging in activities such as:
- Social workers and trained volunteers are strengthening people’s resilience and providing emotional support
- Financial aid from ESRA’s Welfare Fund, for those in crisis
- 24/7 emergency line providing vital information and emergency help
- Daily enrichment and stress-relief activities for the whole family, with top professionals
We thank our incredible team of volunteers and staff for working day and night over the past week to help during the current situation.
Based on our understanding of the long-term situation, we are expanding our services and activities to meet immediate needs as well as preparing for long term recovery. We thank all our supporters who encourage us to be strong and help us to meet the needs of communities and Olim.
With deepest concern and overflowing love for our expanding English-speaking ESRA family, we send strength and courage.
Am Yisrael Chai
Nella Feldsher, ESRA Chair
Sunny Marshansky, ESRA CEO